Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bittersweet

Last night, I gave the last presentation I will give as a graduate student. Sure, I will have responsibilities next year to the university, but for all practical purposes, I am done. Eight year's dedicated to one thing, furthering my education and finding a career that is "me".

This journey has not been an easy one. I have questioned who I am, who I have become, and my ambitions, only to uncover the true me- hidden deep within. Finishing has been bittersweet. I am ready to enter the "real world" full of idealistic goals for the future, but I will miss academia. I will miss my peers and the comfort of a professor's guidance.

My eyes look towards tomorrow with an open mind and an open heart. I am ready for the joys and challenges my career will bring. I look forward to making a difference. I am anxious to test my idealism in a world full of realism, and finding the happy medium.

I am content as I settle into me....


0 comments: