Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Summer Reading List

I have a relatively short to-do list this summer. Much shorter in years past. The nice thing about this list? It contains things I want to do for myself, not things I have to do for school, others, etc. I think its so important to have balance in your life, and finally, I am practicing what I preach, and taking time for myself this summer.

My list....
  1. 1. Run a 10k.
  2. 2. Train for a half marathon.
  3. 3. Take a cake decorating class.
  4. 4. Read. A lot.
  5. 5. Photography class.
Number 1 and 2 are in the works. Just a daily schedule/routine I need to stick with. So far, so good. My 10K is this weekend. I have to be honest, its gonna be a lot of walking and running, and not straight running. We all start somewhere, right? I hope to have a time goal for the half marathon. Number 3 needs some action. That is, I need to call and figure out when the next one is an get registered for it. Christine, are you still in?! I am going to have to find people to eat all the cakes I make during this class... any takers?? I will throw in free delivery!
I finally made my list for number 4. I am always open for additional suggestions. Here is my list, in no particular order.

Eat, Pray, Love- Elizabeth Gilbert

Naked- David Sedaris

Me Talk Pretty One Day- David Sedaris

Dress Your Family in Cordoroy and Denim- David Sedaris

When you are Engulfed in Flames- David Sedaris

Tipping point- Malcolm Gladwell

Take the Canoli- Sarah Vowell

Assassination Vacation- Sarah Vowell

A Wolf at the Table- Augusten Burroughs

Possible Side Effects- Augusten Burroughs

Dry- Augusten Burroughs

Running With Scissors- Augusten Burroughs

Sellevision- Augusten Burroughs

Love is a mixed tape- Rob Sheffield

Hot, Flat, & Crowded- Thomas Friedman

Middlesex-Jeffery Eugenides

Water for Elephants- Sara Gruen

I Was Told There Would Be Cake- Sloane Crosely


Currently, I am reading Eat, Pray, Love. I cannot put it down. I have started Running with Scissors, Naked, and Middlesex before, but have never finished them, for whatever reason. I have a bad habit of starting books and not completing them. Not this year, no sirree.

The photography class is a work in progress. First, I need to get a SLR. I have my eyes set, now I am just searching for a deal I can't resist.

I love nothing more than making lists, and crossing things off. Can't wait to finish all these books this summer, and do things I want to do!

Now to find a pool to lounge next too :)

0 comments: