Thursday, April 23, 2009

Exhaustion...

I haven't been sleeping the greatest lately. Tossing and turning, odd dreams, etc.

In fact, last night I dreamed that Ben Lynus from LOST was my waiter at a restaurant. He was trying to kill me for knowing who he was. He then asked me to be in his wedding and be his best man, to which I happily obliged.

I really shouldn't watch LOST so close to bedtime.

A couple years ago I had this great idea that if I made a mixed C.D. of all my guilty pleasure songs, I would wake up in a better mood. I appropriately called it "Jen's Mega Mix '06". Its full of Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block, N'Sync, etc. One would think that hearing "Right Stuff" or "Hangin' Tough" would be an excellent way to wake up. Don't you???

There is little data to support this brilliant idea. In fact, I am sure if you ask my husband he would quickly respond that this idea has had no impact on my mood in the morning. Oddly enough, I don't wake up with a smile, reminiscent of my childhood and dancing to New Kids on the Block while roller skating up and down my street. I instead, shush the alarm, either verbally or with forceful slams at the snooze button.

Take that, Jen's Mega Mix '06.

This morning was no exception. Utterly exhausted, I made my way downstairs to make myself some coffee and breakfast. Coffee, you are my hero. In my exhausted stupor, I made an English muffin- loaded with peanut butter and caramel.

Wait, what?!? Yes, you read that right, caramel. You see, Smuckers lids are all the same; the adorable little checker pattern, therefore my strawberry lid (red checkers) and caramel lid (brown checkers) look identical to half opened eyes. Wanna know what's more sad then that? I didn't realize it was caramel until I bit into it. That's what checking your email while spreading "jelly" does to a person.

I am happy to report that peanut butter and caramel english muffins are actually tasty- just make sure you have plenty of liquid to wash it all down with :)

I need a nap...............

0 comments: