Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Running...

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have a goal to run a half marathon this fall. It started as a New Years Resolution; you know, the thing we all make but fail to keep. Crazy thing is, I am half way there. I have a training schedule, I am following it faithfully and I completed a 10K just to prove to myself that I CAN do it.

The thing I never predicted would happen in all of this.... that I would LIKE running. (*gasp*)

But I do. A lot.

There is something to be said for that time to myself. Getting lost in music, or blowing off steam on a long run with a good friend. And the feeling after a good run is wonderful.

But running has come to a screeching hault the past week and a half. I tried to go for my first run after taking a week off, and couldn't finish it. Very frustrating. I can't afford to take many more days off to be ready for the half marathon; I guess Advil and I will be best friends for the next 12 weeks.

Wait, 12 weeks.?! Crap!

2 comments:

Christine said...

There's no shame in walking! I am a firm believer in walking through a water stop every 2 miles.

Guess who else is about 80% on board with the 1/2 marathon? ERIC! I think I talked him into it. I told him I'd pay his registration fee if he did it. Last weekend, just to see if he could do it, he walked 13 miles! UH, WHAT? He's definitely in. Matt might walk it with him too.

We need a team name.

Jen said...

You're totally right about the walking! I need to remember that (and reason 123569323234235467543 why we need to be running buddies!)

Secondly, Eric! Hooray! I would split his cost if you want. That's awesome for Eric!!