Thursday, October 16, 2008

What a day....

I am tired of my mind running wild more than it should. If only I ran as much as my mind does....

I am list person. I carry small post-it notes with me everyday so that I can jot down everything I need to get done. Recycling a post it note feels much more rewarding than crossing things off a list... the list looks messy, and that bothers me. I am often teased, but back-off, it works :) I may be slightly OCD when it comes to organization, but I accept that!

This "list" thing seeps into all areas of my life, not just school. I have lists of life goals. I have mental lists of top 10... move over John Cusack! I have folders within folders, I color coordinate labels, folders, etc for topics, subjects, and whatnot. I am bothered when people are not organized in the same fashion as I am. I have re-organized countless materials to my organization. Its a guilty pleasure.

My love for organization leads me to my difficult day. My jump drive is my life. It is beautifully organized into many folders, folders within folders and folders within folders within folders; you get the idea. After loosing track of time I left Mr. Sony in a computer in the computer lab. You can all figure out what happened next. After anxiously sitting through my class, I went back to the lab, and of course, it was gone.

I didn't know what to do with myself. I sent out a search party, but had many failed attempts. I had a long list of things to do, and all that I needed was on Mr. Sony jump drive. I checked my email every 5 seconds, played around on Facebook, and paced around. Literally, I could not sit still for longer than 10 seconds.

Thankfully, my faith in humanity was restored and a wonderful woman returned to the lab with Mr. Sony jump drive. It is refreshing to know that there are good people out there! A bad day turned good!

0 comments: