Wednesday, December 30, 2009

More Baking...


Holy macaroni, its already the end of December? Seriously, where did this month, well, this YEAR go???

December is always such a fun month. There's decorating for the holidays.....


(okay so its not a picture of our tree, but its still a cute one, right?!)

...seeing our good friends put on one heck of a fun show called Yesterday and Today. If you like the Beatles, even one iota, this show is for you! Click here to see some awesome photo's done by a good friend of mine.


Other highlights from December? The Canadian invasion, for sure. A good friend of mine is from Canada eh, and her parents, sister, grandparents and two best friends came to Omaha. What a blast!!! I was especially excited because Sarah and Julia love to bake, which means we all got together and had a night of baking. Again, I forgot my camera, so photo's can be found here. We traded recipes- Sarah and Julia taught Christine and I to make butter tarts (so yummy!!) and Christine taught them how to make crackballs (oreo balls, oreo truffles, heaven, whatever you prefer to call them) and I made carrot cake cupcakes from scratch. (not my best by the way, but I am my own worst critic!) I left before the decorating fun happened due to an ice storm :(


Another highlight would definately have to be blizzard NUMBER TWO. Yes, two ridiculous blizzards a week and a half apart from each other. The first blizzard was fine because I was sick with the flu, so I would have been holed up in my house anyway. The second blizzard singlehandedly ruined Christmas for most of the midwest. Mike and I stayed back in Waterloo a couple extra days, and thankfully were able to have Christmas with my family a couple days late. Here are a few "fun" pictures of the blizzard....

Our house from the neighbors driveway....


Looking out our front door....


drifts on our deck...


and a picture sent to me by a friend in Western Nebraska. The snow drift in this picture is taller than a semi! Crazy!!!


This has definitely been a december to remember :)

0 comments: